Psychology Associate – State of Maryland
- PsyD in Clinical Psychology – American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Washington DC, 2017
- MA in Clinical Psychology – American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Washington DC, 2012
- Grief and Loss
- Generalized and Performance Anxiety
- Depression (incl. Peri/Postpartum)
- Life Transitions
- LGBTQA+ Concerns
- Cognitive-behavioral Therapy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield plans
Dr. Parra knows at some point in our lives we all encounter problems that can overwhelm our ability to cope. Seeking help or making a change can often be difficult, and we can often feel guilty, defeated, or even like we are breaking personal, familial, and cultural “rules” by doing so. These experiences can leave us feeling isolated, lonely, afraid, desperate, anxious, and/or stressed out.
Whether you are experiencing relationship stress, transitions, anxiety, depression, grief or loss of any kind, or life changes, Dr. Parra can work to reduce your symptoms and help you feel more in control. She can help you identify your strengths and implement a plan to not only cope but also to thrive and learn how to love yourself. Dr. Parra is an intuitive and compassionate therapist who believes that each of us can create a more peaceful and fulfilling life. She offers a warm, supportive, caring, collaborative and non-judgmental space for you to talk openly about what is troubling you. She believes that a warm, authentic and collaborative relationship is essential to developing greater self-awareness that ultimately leads to healing, the courage to change, and the ability to grow.