Times have changed… Our children are facing new challenges regarding friends, academics, social media, and additional pressures in their daily lives. These stressors impact young people’s capacities to manage healthy living. Join us in a 5-week therapeutic group aimed at helping parents identify and strengthen skills in order to support our teens.
Topics covered will include:
- Understanding anxiety and its impact on teens
- The habit forming of avoidance and other coping strategies
- How parenting styles influence anxiety
- Connecting with your teen
- Challenging and facing fears
- What you can do to help your teen manage anxiety
All parents struggle with how to best encourage their children and assist them in being successful. Join our group to learn strategies and techniques specifically designed for parents.
WHEN: Thursdays 6-7pm, May 15 – June 12
WHERE: Germantown Medical Center
. 20528 Boland Farm Road, Suite 207
BY: Thalia Kirimlis, PsyD
. Christopher Cofone, LCSW
FEE: If registered by May 7th: $150
. If registered May 8th or later: $200
Please register by calling 301-569-6326. See flyer below for additional information.